In the weeks between Thanksgiving and Christmas, who really wants to work that hard on dinner? Not me! It’s really nice to have a few simple, but flavorful and delicious, meals up my sleeve. In my opinion, nothing is easier or more versatile than pasta dishes. There are just so many ways to throw a pasta dish together and in minutes!
One of my favorite pasta dishes combines peppers, garlic, and sausage in a marinara sauce. Oh, and did I mention cheese? Yes, yummy melted mozzarella and parmesan cheeses top off the dish.
Enjoy the flavors and ease of this recipe!
Sausage and Pepper Pasta
6 oz Spaghetti Pasta
1 Green Bell Pepper sliced
2 Cloves Minced Garlic
24oz Jar of Marinara Sauce
1 Tbsp. Crushed Red Pepper
4 Tbsp. Italian Seasoning
2 Cups grated Mozzarella Cheese
½ Cup grated Parmesan Cheese
1. Boil spaghetti noodles in salted water with a splash of olive oil until al dente (still slightly tacky in a “bite test”)
2. Cut sausage up into pieces half of an inch in thickness
2. Coat the bottom of a large, oven-proof skillet with olive oil over medium heat
3. Add sausage, peppers, minced garlic, and red pepper flakes; cook about 7 minutes stirring and flipping sausage occasionally until sausage is done and peppers are beginning to soften
4. Add marinara sauce (you can make your own if you’re feeling saucy.. yes, that just happened) and Italian seasoning and stir to combine
5. Cook covered for 10 minutes to let the flavors mingle
6. Add drained spaghetti to the sauce and toss together
7. Top with cheese and pop under the broiler until cheese is melted and bubbly (Make sure to keep an eye on it! It does not take long at all!)