It. Is. Cold. I’ve been doing snow dances all winter long waiting for just one more pretty snow that we could play in now that our son is running around everywhere! Well, been there, done that, got the t-shirt!
We ran all over town searching for tiny rubber boots and tiny gloves. The gloves were a no-go. Weston was all about the snow until he touched it! True to “being-a-Whisnant-boy” form though, he did not want to come in from the great outdoors.
After all of that freezing cold playtime, I’ve never been more over snow dances and more ready for warm weather! I needed something to remind me that it’s not going to be this cold forever! There’s nothing like a succulent, thick, juicy steak to make you think of grilling weather! It’s quickly approaching! Yay! However, if you twist my arm hard enough (detect the sarcasm?) I’ll settle for a perfectly seared filet in the warmth of my kitchen until we make it to grilling season!
Here’s how you do it:
Grass Fed Beef Tenderloin Filets
Drizzle of Olive Oil for pan
2 Tbs Butter for pan
Salt and Pepper
Optional: 2 Slices RCR Bacon (not pictured, but definitely not discouraged!)
1. Preheat oven to 400
2. If using bacon, wrap around the filets and hold with a toothpick
3. Season both sides of filet with salt and pepper
4. Heat olive oil and butter in an ovenproof pan over medium-high heat
5. Place the filets in the pan and sear on both sides 1 minute until pretty and colorful
6. Put the pan directly into the oven to finish up about 7 minutes for medium-rare
7. Remove to a cutting board and allow to rest before enjoying!